Lately I have been getting a lot of “oh my God, you have lost so much weight” comments especially from people who haven’t seen me in like 3 years or more. Of course I am beyond elated to receive such compliments considering I may have struggled with esteem a while back and my weight was definitely a factor.
Yes I have shed a lot of weight between 2013 and now and I am happy to have changed my life to sustain this process .
Just to bring into perspective exactly what I’m talking about take a look at this
I was definitely not a thirry four bae.
I look at these photos and now I see why someone once told me I could pass for 26 at the tender age of 17.
Now, several years later I have significantly shed some of that weight off.
I have so many people asking me what I did and what I still do to maintain it and I’m always happy to share my story to anyone who cares to listen. For that reason I will be sharing my experience as well as giving tips every now and then.
A few points to note:
- I began taking this healthy lifestyle seriously in 2013.
- Since then I have been to the gym for a total of 2 months – I did a full month, did my thing from home for a while, tried the gym again for another full month, quit to do my home workouts and have never been to the gym again – so don’t despair if you can’t go to the gym for whatever reason.
- I have done no ridiculous diet. I see so many floating around.
- I have lost about 20kgs to date.
- Patience and persistence are key, our bodies are very different and comparison may not always be a good thing.
- You will feel amazing when you feel better about yourself. That confidence boost will definitely make an impact.
Having said that, I will see you in a few days with tips on how to get started.