IMPACT

Well well well, where do I even start.. Deafening silence has been the situation here and I apologize. Life has been a little too fast for me, but I have finally caught up with it. I was hoping to do a birthday month post but oh well, April will come again(God willing), so just accept my apology and we all move on happily.

In case you don’t feel like accepting my apology, maybe my little story here will do it for you πŸ™‚

You know how things happen, not necessarily to you, and they have some impact on you without your knowledge. If no such thing has happened to you, you are one lucky human!!! Unfortunately for some of us, that is not the case.

Recently, so many innocent lives were lost in the Garissa University attack : Heartfelt condolences to the families who lost their loved ones… but for some of us, especially those still in universities and residing within school were probably scarred without our knowledge. Look at what happened shortly afterwards, the explosion at University of Nairobi at Kikuyu campus got students jumping out of their windows from as far as 5th floor!!!!!

It looks like just a story on the news until you are in an almost similar situation..then you know it had an effect on you.

I, for instance,Β  hadn’t given the situation much thought until 3 weeks into the semester(last week), when I opted to go back home, despite the convenience of being in school, where I could have some peaceful sleep rather than live scared everyday trying to look for escape routes or hideouts.

Most people laugh at this story, including myself….Β  huge impact on a girl’s life.

So you now know why I was gone… martial arts school is not a walk in the park πŸ˜€ :D. Girl’s gotta kick some ass (literally!)

Love

xx

11 Comments Add yours

1. Sonia Nkatha says:

This cannot be put any better, thank you for putting this into better perspective for us. It’s quite scary and an awful feeling, to think that you are helplessly waiting for all hell to break lose. I moved home too, a girl’s gotta take care of herself. Again, amazing post.

1. snyambura says:

Sadly… Just helpless.
      Thank you!!! And of course for stopping by πŸ™‚

1. Sonia Nkatha says:

2. eunicemutuli says:

Heh! Si i was waiting for a post πŸ™‚ That attack scared me most…still haven’t moved into my room (never spent a night either). Hope u got some pretty good skills to pass on πŸ™‚

1. snyambura says:

Oh honey, at least I’m not alone πŸ™‚
      You’re pretty violent :p you’ll be fine

3. Stanley says:

Pretty soon people will be calling you Sensei Sal. I know how fear can push you to do things which in themselves are an inconvenience. Hold fast! Hopefully, the Alshabab will relent before you do. πŸ™‚

1. snyambura says:

Haha me Sensei?? πŸ˜€ hopefully they will

4. So that’s why you went home. I totally get you now πŸ˜ƒ. I agree that these attacks affect us. Not in the same way though. I always play the situation in my mind and helpless is the feeling I get. I hope it never happens again (the attacks).

Liked by 1 person

1. snyambura says:

Yes it is. Scared much… I hope so too,never again.

5. edith says:

I totally get you. my first week back in campus after the Garissa attack I was paranoid..my heart would start beating from screams outside my house’s window when it was just regular students probably high or sth. ..and I kept wondering where in my room I could hide and not be seen just in case.. All in all, let’s continue praying for God’s protection in our daily endeavours.

Liked by 1 person

1. snyambura says:

Ikr!! Sigh…And we need to just keep praying.