Yes!! I just have to address this issue because of the annoying texts i get day in day out. Notice that i called it an art- you need to learn it and get better with continuous practise. 😀
This especially applies to stalkers and “new texters”.
Of course i shall ask you to identify yourself in as much detail as possible for obvious reasons.
However, typical stalker behaviour – BASELESS lies!!! for instance, you can’t go telling me we met at a car park at Kenya Science and I was in a hurry to leave so I gave you my number.(i’m laughing as I write this, too hilarious 😀 How did he even come up with that?)
Let’s break down that lie and give a few tips for future use.( You’re welcome- whoever picks something up)
First : We met at a car park in Kenya science – I cannot recall ever being to Kenya Science ever!!!
Some advice- do some stalker research, Learn a few areas i frequent then at least lie that we met at one of them.
Second: I was in a hurry to leave so i gave you my number??
I can’t even advice here , I mean HELLO…..IT’S MY NUMBER NOT MY BUSINESS CARD! I just don’t dish it out, again for obvious reasons. We need to have at least conversed before you get it. So at least lie that we spoke , I could buy the lie since i don’t always keep track of all the people i talk to.
I should start by telling you, I am reactive when dealing with new people – you need to “get this party started” and I shall respond appropriately. It’s qualities like these that make me come off a snob perhaps, but I’m pretty sure I’m speaking for many.
If you just started texting recently, i am not in any way trying to discourage you. Just a few points to note and we will live happily ever after 🙂
- You are not required to keep track of me – You do not have to ask if I have had my breakfast or lunch or even go into the details of asking what exactly it is I ate. Once in a while you could ask, but every other day, you are not my nutritionist. I assume you have enough things to do to include keeping track of my meals in your agenda. My point- be creative and i will surely flow along appropriately.
- You can’t possibly tell me “okay” or “hehe” or “cool” or “lol” and many other equivalents and expect a reply. Now, I have pondered seriously over this and I still come to the conclusion- they are conversation terminators. So the only other way i can respond is if i bring up a whole other topic. Remember at this stage I am reactive, i could make some pro-active effort but only to a certain extent.
- I would prefer if you wrote things correctly.
- I don’t understand why people substitute “th” with “d” . e.g “dat” to mean “that”, “dey” to mean “they”- Technology has moved towards qwerty keypads, it doesn’t take you so much time to type “th”.
- Though this has faded away, I must mention it. Do not substitute “s” with “x”. That is just a criminal offence!!! No examples, i can’t get my hands to type “x” where there should be an “s”. This warrants no reply!!
On to a lighter note, life is not that serious and texting is a casual act. Do it however it pleases you 🙂 But if you apply the above, you may thank me one day.
Lovely November! I can smell Christmas already 🙂